DON’T LET AN INJURY DICTATE YOUR FUTURE
When should I contact a lawyer?
If you have been injured and the injury might have been caused by negligence, you should speak to an attorney that specializes in personal injury. When only physical property is damaged and there is no injury, most people are able to resolve the claim on their own. When a person is injured, a personal injury attorney can help recover compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, disfigurement, impairment and lost wages. An experience personal injury attorney at times may also help an injured person without health insurance locate a doctor that will treat a patient that does not carry health insurance. You should speak to an attorney before giving a statement to an insurance adjustor.
What does an attorney charge for services?
How much is my case worth?
The value of a case is dependent upon multiple factors:
- The severity of the injuries;
- The amount of medical bills;
- The amount of lost wages;
- The length of time it takes to recover from the injuries;
- The degree of fault of the person who caused the injuries;
- The amount of pain and suffering; and
- The jurisdiction where the claim may be filed.
An attorney cannot give an exact estimate for the value of case. Many of the components of the claim will not be known until after the client finishes treatment and the attorney has finished building the case.